Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 8 - Inpatient Stay

Hello Everyone! Well, I have been in the hospital now for one week. Today I am at 25 weeks gestation and still feeling pretty good. That leaves me with 7 weeks or 49 days to go.
The girls are going to give my blood pressure a work out! Today baby B, the one who constantly seems to be causing trouble, had a spell with her heart rate soaring and not coming down for quite some time. I was immediately taken to get an ultrasound to see if we could see any problems with the cords and everything looked good. I am not sure what the heart rate increase was all about, but it could just be that she had pinched her cord and then when she released it had a higher heart rate to compensate for the restricted flow. Which is probably a result of the entanglement of the cords. During the ultrasounds the entangled cords lite up like a red and blue braid when they are getting doppler readings from the area.
Mike and the kids came to see me today, which was really nice! This morning Mike's dad came and watched the kids so that Mike and I could go and tour the NICU. The tour gave us alot of information and it was great to see what is coming next. I know that the stay in the NICU will be even more of a roller coaster ride than this pregnancy so the more prepared we are for what is coming the better.
Tomorrow we will get updated weights on the babies. We are hoping for them to be getting close to 2 pounds each. The bigger they are the better! Thanks again for all of the thoughts and prayers! I will update again tomorrow after my ultrasound. Have a good evening.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear everything is still going as planned! Praying that those little girls stay out of trouble;)

    ReplyDelete