Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Unexpected Doctor Trip

Hello!  We have had an eventful week and I think it will only get busier!  On Monday, I had my post op appointment and everything went fine.  I can return to normal which will make Tait happy.  He wants me to carry him all the time and now at least I will be able to lift him!
We also had an unexpected trip to the doctor's office on Monday afternoon with Brooklyn.  During the day on Monday Brooklyn had three apnea spells with in a couple of hours, in which her monitor went off.  She has not previously had true apnea spells.  In order for her monitor to go off she has to quit breathing for 20 seconds.  I tried it... 20 seconds is a long time not to breathe!  So, we decided to be on the safe side and take her in.  She is fine and doesn't have any type of virus or anything.  It is believed that she may have some acid reflux that could be related to the apnea spells. 
So, once we got home we elevated her mattress a little bit and try to put her in her carseat or swing during the day to keep her elevated a little bit.  At her current age our doctor feels it is not in their best interests to put them on a medication for the acid reflux yet.  Hopefully it will clear on it's own and we won't need to use the meds. 
Well, watching me type must be pretty boring cause Brienna just fell asleep in my arm!  I hope that all is well and have a good week.  I will update after our doctor appointments at the end of the week.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to be 'back to normal' and be able to lift whatever you need to! It's good to hear that both Brooklyn and Brienna are doing well for the most part. Hopefully elevating Brooklyn will help with her breathing for a while. Can't wait to hear more after their appointments this week!

    Amanda & Kyle

    ReplyDelete