Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 26 - Inpatient Stay - Contractions

Well, I guess the girls thought they would make a little bit of an effort to arrive on their father's birthday, but they were stopped in their tracks.  (At least so far they are, I guess technically they have about 6 more hours to go.) 
During the AM monitoring, I had a couple of contractions and one of them was much stronger than any contractions I have had previously.  After talking to the doctor, I was comforted by the that fact that he was not concerned.  Because the contractions were not close enough together and the babies heart rates did not go down after each contraction he said to just let the nurses know if anything changes. 
My day went on with a couple of contractions here and there.  I knew I was having them but, they weren't painful just uncomfortable. 
During monitoring this afternoon the contractions were coming every 4 to 6 minutes for 1 1/2 hours.  So, they had me lay on my side and continue monitoring the contractions for an additional hour.  They didn't stop just slowed a little.  At that point I was given a drug to help the uterus relax but of course it had some side effects.  The medication would make my hands shake and my heart race for 15 to 20 minutes.  The medication took effect and has currently slowed the contractions.  Hopefully, it will work for quite sometime!!!! 
If the girls just wanted to arrive on their mom or dad's birthday, they could wait until mine.  It is a little closer to the delivery date!!  Just thought I would update on today's happenings.  Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoy the week!  I will update if anything else comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment