Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 29 - Inpatient Stay

WE MADE IT!!!  28 weeks was a big milestone for me to look forward too.  Not only does this mean that my hospital stay is half over but, it is also a turning point in the development of my babies.  Should the girls have to be delivered, the chances of having a life altering disability or not living decrease significantly. 
We have four weeks to go and hopefully they will fly by as fast as the last four have.  This week has not been as uneventful as the past couple of weeks but, none the less we are all doing well.  The babies are doing great and there has been no elevation in the dopplers on their cords for 5 days.  They still continue to move alot and give some of the nurses and ultrasounds techs a hard time.  But, at this point I think this is just par for the course with these girls.  I just really hope that this is not a sign of things to come when we get home!!!
The contractions have subsided and are under control.  After having a cervical length measurement and talking with my doctor, he does not see why I would have to continue the medications to stop the contractions especially since I have such awful side effects.  So, we are going to discontinue the use of the drug today!!!  Hopefully the contractions do not return. 
Mike and I really look forward to the end of this journey when we can hold these little miracles in our arms and know that they are OK and safe. 
Mike and the kids seem to be doing well and I know that they are counting down the days just like I am.  When Sydney asks how many days I have left in the hospital, I tell her then she proceeds to count them one by one.  As the numbers decrease it is not quite as much practice counting as it used to be but, we will take it!  Taiton is doing well and every week they come to see me, I think he learns about 10 more words.  He is quite a little chatter box now. 
Once again I want to thank everyone for all of your generosity, thoughts, and prayers.  Have a wonderful weekend!  I will update again if we have new news or if anything changes.  4 weeks to go!!!  We're getting there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment