Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 27 - Inpatient Stay - Contractions Con't

Well, the shot I was given last night did not stop the contractions.  They returned with in 2 1/2 hours.  So, I was put on a drug that is taken orally and is something that I could remain on until the babies arrive. 
I started the drug with 4 doses in an hour and from then on I take the med every six hours.  This drug gave me even more side effects.  I have massive headaches and I am a little sick to my stomach.  Pretty much just feel awful all around. 
After talking to the doctor this morning and describing the contractions and side effects he said that we could probably try the med at half strength.  I got the med at half strength this afternoon and the side effects have not been as bad.  Hopefully this will still hold off the contractions so that I don't have to go back to a full dose.  Today has been quiet and no contractions have been present yet.  So, hopefully it will stay that way for about 4 more weeks!  Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.  I will update sooner if there is any news otherwise, I will update at 28 weeks on Thursday.  Have a good evening!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly - Thinking of you today, hoping and praying that the meds continue to work. We're looking forward to meeting those two little girls, but we're content to wait at least a month!
    Take care, Larry & Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you and the girls! Hope they stay in there a little while longer. I went into labor early twice with Leah around 25 and 27 weeks and sounds like they gave me the same type of meds to stop it...it made my heart race and my hands shake! Long story short, the contractions stopped and I was induced after being 9 days past my due date....so here's hoping they stay put for another 4 weeks!

    ReplyDelete