Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 55 - Inpatient Stay

Well, we are at one day until the girls arrive and the emotions are very mixed. I am nervous, scared, excited, anxious, and impatient all at the same time. Tomorrow will be one of those days in our lives where we will think back 20 years from now and be able to remember every vivid detail. And I am sure we will recall the story numerous times for the girls.


After 55 days of inpatient stay, I have developed some new friends here at the hospital and many of them have been stopping by today to say good luck and congratulations. The nurses and staff here have been absolutely wonderful and I will miss seeing them everyday. I have begun taking down the cards that I have received off the door and all of the pictures that Sydney and Taiton have colored for me down off the walls. I am so excited to be going home in a couple of days even though I know it will be hard to leave the girls behind.

The magnesium drip went fine on Monday night. The first couple of hours were the worst. After that the biggest problem was keeping the babies on the monitors. They evidently don’t sleep much at night. Which I am sure is something that we will know all too well. So, I did some sleeping during the day on Tuesday and went to bed early hoping to catch up on some sleep. However, for anyone that knows me I don’t do napping during the day so that was a little difficult for me.

On Monday morning my blood pressure was a little elevated so they ran some tests and my body is beginning to show signs of preeclampsia. At the current moment it is not severe enough so there is no treatment that I need to undergo but, delivering the babies will put an end to the problem. They figured that with out the planned c-section I would have had to deliver in about a week or so do to the preeclampsia anyway. So, I guess that just reassures us that it is time for the babies to be born.
Tomorrow will be a big day for us. We are hoping to have pictures up on the blog tomorrow late afternoon or evening. Along with the pictures will be the details such as measurements, names and so on. Since the ban on visitors still stands in the NICU, we will try to post pictures and information periodically over the next couple of months to keep you up to date on their progress. Thanks again for all of your support through thoughts, prayers, and all the other kind acts over the past 6 months. Look for the update tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is it girl. You have arrived at the moment that is going to change your life FOREVER MORE! i am praying for you tonight and for the health of those baby girls tomorrow. I know your heart is scared. I was shaking on the table the moment i knew my precious boys were being taken out. I can't wait to see pics of them. I am so happy you made it to 32 weeks. I pray their stay in the NICU will go well. What hospital will they be born at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited for you and your family. By the time you read this, you will be a happy mother of twins! You are a very strong confident women and I envy you for that. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today and in the weeks to come. Take care, your friend Nichole Quade

    ReplyDelete