Monday, December 28, 2009

Twins - Day 12

Hello!  I hope that everyone kept safe and warm during the snow storm!  Yesterday, was the first time that we got to hold the twins together at the same time!  It was very exciting to see how much they actually look alike.  Here is a picture of them together...

Brooklyn and Brienna Side by Side for First time at 11 days.

The girls have been doing very well.  The only set back is the bilirubin.  Brooklyn's went up again and so she is back on the bili lights.  Hopefully, she will come down quickly and we can get moving on to the next steps.  The girls are currently weighing in at 4 pounds 3.1 ounces and 3 pounds 13.3 ounces respectively.  They are still close to the same length with Brooklyn at 17 inches and Brienna at 17.2 inches.  The nurses always comment about how much the girls are alike.  Evidently even when they have identical twins in the NICU they tend to have some huge difference in size or some other characteristic that allows the nurses to easily tell them apart.  At least at this point we know which is which cause the are still hooked to their own giraffe bed!
Well, I better get on the road to visit them!  Have a wonderful day!
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Kelly and Mike,
    What a joy you have brought into the world. They look so cute, just beauitful. So glad all is going well. I just can not wait to see them.

    Judy J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I can't believe how great they look! Beautiful little baby girls! They give me such hope for the future of my babies. I am beyond happy for you, and the pictures of your girls bring tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly and Mike

    They are so very cute and they look so alert for being 11 days old. I am so excited for you both and I am so looking forward to one day meeting them. You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily.

    Always,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are soooooo adorable!! Thanks for keeping us posted with pictures and how they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike:
    The girls look so healthy and are on FULL FEED as you cattlemen are always saying...I love the pictures and we are thinking of you DAILY>>>
    Hugs to you and the family...What a Christmas :)
    The u of M Beef Team

    ReplyDelete